2. What to take to your tests
You must take:
- your UK photocard driving licence
- your theory test pass certificate
- a moped or motorbike
- your compulsory basic training (CBT) certificate - unless you’re taking the test to upgrade your full motorcycle licence
- your module 1 test pass certificate - if you’re taking your module 2 test
Your test will be cancelled and you won’t get your money back if you don’t take the right things with you.
You must wear:
- a motorcycle helmet that meets British safety standards (unless you’re Sikh and wearing a turban)
- motorcycle boots or other sturdy footwear that supports and protects your ankles
- textile or leather motorcycle trousers or heavy denim trousers
- a textile or leather motorcycle jacket or a heavy denim jacket with several layers underneath
- motorcycle gloves
Your driving licence
You need to apply for a replacement driving licence if you lose yours before your test. This could take up to 15 days to arrive.
You should rearrange your test if you don’t get the new licence in enough time. You must do this at least 3 working days before your test date or you’ll have to pay again.
If you have a paper licence
You must bring a valid passport and your paper licence if you don’t have a photocard driving licence.
If you have a licence from Northern Ireland
You must bring the photocard and paper counterpart if you have a licence from Northern Ireland.
If you’ve lost your theory test certificate
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) with your name and driving licence number.
You’ll be sent a letter that you can take to your test instead of your pass certificate.