Booking your tests
After you’ve passed your theory test you’ll also need to pass:
- an off-road riding test (known as the ‘module 1 test’)
- an on-road riding test (known as the ‘module 2 test’)
Motorcycle and moped tests and coronavirus (COVID-19)
Wear a face covering at the start and end of the test (when you’ll be talking to the examiner). If you cannot wear a face covering, you must tell DVSA when booking your appointment.
You can change your test appointment for free if you cannot attend because of COVID-19, for example if you are self-isolating. If your instructor booked your test, they will need to change your test appointment for you.
You can choose to take a rapid lateral flow test in the 48 hours before your riding test if you do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
Find out how to:
- take a rapid lateral flow test in England
- take a rapid lateral flow test in Scotland
- take a rapid lateral flow test in Wales
What you need to do to pass the tests
To pass the riding tests you must be able to:
- ride safely in different road and traffic conditions
- show that you know The Highway Code by the way you ride
The national standard for riding mopeds and motorcycles tells you everything that you must be able to do to pass the tests.
There’s no minimum number of lessons you must have done before you book and take your tests.