Use this service to:
- find an earlier driving test (sometimes called a ‘cancellation appointment’)
- move your driving test to a later date
- change which test centre you take your test at
This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
This service will be unavailable from 6pm on Thursday 21 February to 6am on Friday 22 February.
Start now on the driving test booking service
Before you start
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- driving test reference number or theory test pass certificate number (from the letter you got when you passed your theory test)
You can find your theory test pass certificate number if you’ve lost your letter.
You must give at least 3 clear working days’ notice to change your test or you’ll have to pay again. Sundays and public holidays don’t count as working days.
How many times you can change your appointment
You can change your appointment up to 6 times. If you need to make more changes after that, you have to cancel your test and rebook it.
Cancel your test. You’ll get a full refund if you give at least 3 clear working days’ notice.
Book a new test. You’ll have to pay for the test when you book.
Find driving test cancellations
Use this service to look for all available earlier test appointments.
There isn’t a driving test cancellation list that you can add your name to.
Help with your booking
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help changing your driving test appointment.
There’s a different service to change your driving test in Northern Ireland.