Use this service to:
- change your appointment if you cannot go for your test
- change which test centre you take your test at
It’s currently free to change your test because of coronavirus.
When you must not go to your test
You must stay at home (self-isolate) and not go to your test if:
- you or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms
- you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
Change your driving test appointment if you need to self-isolate on the day of your test.
If you’ve recently entered the UK
You must not go to your test if you’ve entered the UK in the last 14 days, unless you:
- arrived from a country on the ‘travel corridor’ list
- belong to one of the groups that do not have to self-isolate
If you live in Scotland there’s a different list of ‘travel corridor’ countries.
Change your appointment online
This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
Before you start
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- driving test reference number or theory test pass certificate number (from the letter you got when you passed your theory test)
You can find your theory test pass certificate number if you’ve lost your letter.
How many times you can change your appointment
You can change your appointment up to 8 times. If you need to make more changes after that, you have to cancel your test and rebook it.
Cancel your test. You’ll get a full refund if you give at least 3 clear working days’ notice.
Book a new test. You’ll have to pay for the test when you book.
There’s a different service to change your driving test in Northern Ireland.