Cancel your driving or riding test if you no longer need your appointment.
You must give at least 3 full working days’ notice to get a full refund. Monday to Saturday count as working days but Sundays and public holidays do not.
This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
Before you start
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- driving test reference number or theory test pass certificate number (from the letter you got when you passed your theory test)
You can find your theory test pass certificate number if you’ve lost your letter.
When you must not go to your test
You must not go to your test if either:
- you need to quarantine because you recently entered the UK
- you’re self-isolating, for example because you tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19)
Find out about:
If you cannot go to your test because you’re self-isolating or in quarantine
Email the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) with the subject title ‘COVID-19 short notice cancellation’.
You must include at least 2 of these in your email:
- your driving licence number
- your theory test pass certificate number
- your driving test booking reference
DVSA customer services
DVSA will rearrange your test and send you the new details. You will not have to pay again.
Help with your booking
Contact DVSA to get help cancelling your driving test appointment.
You may have to wait longer than usual to get through or get a response. This is because of coronavirus (COVID-19).