Cancel your driving test

Cancel your driving or riding test if you no longer need your appointment.

You must give at least 3 full working days’ notice to get a full refund. Monday to Saturday count as working days but Sundays and public holidays do not.

This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.

Start now on the driving test booking service

Before you start

You need your:

  • UK driving licence number
  • driving test reference number or theory test pass certificate number (from the letter you got when you passed your theory test)

You can find your theory test pass certificate number if you’ve lost your letter.

When you must not go to your test

You must not go to your test if either:

Find out about:

If you cannot go to your test because you’re self-isolating or in quarantine

Email the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) with the subject title ‘COVID-19 short notice cancellation’.

You must include at least 2 of these in your email:

  • your driving licence number
  • your theory test pass certificate number
  • your driving test booking reference

DVSA customer services

DVSA will rearrange your test and send you the new details. You will not have to pay again.

Help with your booking

Contact DVSA to get help cancelling your driving test appointment.

You may have to wait longer than usual to get through or get a response. This is because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

DVSA driving test booking support
Telephone: 0300 200 1122
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Find out about call charges

  1. Step 1 Check you're allowed to drive

    Most people can start learning to drive when they’re 17.

    1. Check what age you can drive
    2. Requirements for driving legally
    3. Driving eyesight rules
  2. Step 2 Get a provisional licence

  3. Step 3 Driving lessons and practice

  4. and Prepare for your theory test

  5. Step 4 Book and manage your theory test

  6. Step 5 Book and manage your driving test

  7. Step 6 When you pass

    You can start driving as soon as you pass your driving test.

    You must have an insurance policy that allows you to drive without supervision.

    1. Find out about Pass Plus training courses