National standard for riding mopeds and motorcycles
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Moped and motorcycle training guidance, National standards for driving and riding, Road safety, and Improving your training skills
- First published:
- 23 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 24 November 2014, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England, Scotland, and Wales
What you must be able to do and what you must know and understand to be a safe and responsible moped or motorcycle rider.
Ref: DVSA/NS/A PDF, 660KB, 38 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The standard is for moped and motorcycle riders.
It tells you what you must be able to do and what you must know and understand to be a safe and responsible rider.
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) if you have:
- questions about the standard
- ideas about how it could be improved
- evidence to make the standards stronger
DVSA national driver and rider standards
Published: 23 August 2013
Updated: 24 November 2014
- Added information about the increased considerations that need to be taken when riding in bad weather, using sat nav systems, and updated references of ‘Driving Standards Agency’ to ‘Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency’.
- First published.