Solve a residential property dispute

Apply to the tribunal

Download and fill in the right form for your application.

Why you’re applying Form Guidance
Rent See the form finder Leaflet T540
Service charges and leasehold management See the form finder Leaflet T541
Leasehold enfranchisement Form ‘Leasehold 9’ Leaflet T542
Houses in multiple occupation and selective licensing Form HMO Leaflet T543
Improvement notices, prohibition orders,
demolition orders
Form HHSRS Leaflet T543
Park homes See the form finder Leaflet T544
Financial penalties Form HO4 Leaflet T543
Rent repayment orders Form RRO1 Leaflet T543
Recognising a tenants’ association Form TA Leaflet T545
Right to buy your council home is refused Form RTB1 Leaflet T546
All other cases See the form finder  


You may have to pay a fee to apply - the form will say how much. You can apply for help paying the fee if you’re getting certain benefits or on a low income.

Send the form

Post or fax the form to the regional office that covers your area. The address is on the form.

What happens next

You’ll be told whether the tribunal will consider your case. You may need to provide more evidence, for example additional supporting documents.

You may be told that the case does not need a hearing and can be decided on your application alone (known as a ‘paper decision’). You can still ask for a hearing (‘oral hearing’) if you’d like one.