We handle applications, appeals and references relating to disputes over property and land.
Residential property disputes that we handle include:
- rent increases for ‘fair’ or ‘market’ rates
- leasehold disputes
- leasehold enfranchisement
- disputes about park homes
- improvement notices and prohibition orders where your notice is under the Housing Act 2004
- disputes about licences for houses in multiple occupation
- the right to buy your council home being refused because it’s deemed suitable for elderly people
Land registration matters that we handle include:
- disputes over a change to the land register
- applications to correct or cancel certain documents relating to registered land
Agricultural land and drainage matters that we handle include:
- disputes between agricultural tenants and landlords in relation to certain farming tenancies
- applications in respect of certain drainage disputes between neighbours.
We also handle applications from valuation officers to enter premises to carry out certain valuations.
Who we are
We are one of 7 chambers of the First-tier Tribunal which settles legal disputes and is structured around particular areas of law.