Beta This part of GOV.UK is still being built – find more information on the HM Courts and Tribunals Service or the Justice website.

What we do

We handle applications, appeals and references relating to disputes over property and land.

Residential property disputes that we handle include:

  • rent increases for ‘fair’ or ‘market’ rates
  • leasehold disputes
  • leasehold enfranchisement
  • disputes about park homes
  • improvement notices and prohibition orders where your notice is under the Housing Act 2004
  • disputes about licences for houses in multiple occupation
  • the right to buy your council home being refused because it’s deemed suitable for elderly people

Land registration matters that we handle include:

  • disputes over a change to the land register
  • applications to correct or cancel certain documents relating to registered land

Agricultural land and drainage matters that we handle include:

  • disputes between agricultural tenants and landlords in relation to certain farming tenancies
  • applications in respect of certain drainage disputes between neighbours.

We also handle applications from the Valuation Office Agency for approval for a valuer to enter premises to carry out certain valuations.

Who we are

We are one of 7 chambers of the First-tier Tribunal which settles legal disputes and is structured around particular areas of law.

Tribunal information

Contact First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)

Land registration

First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) - Land Registration
3rd Floor
10 Alfred Place


Agricultural land and drainage

First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) - Agricultural Land and Drainage
1st Floor, Piccadilly Exchange
Piccadilly Plaza

M1 4AH

Valuation Office Agency entry

First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) - VOA entry
1st Floor, Piccadilly Exchange
Piccadilly Plaza

M1 4AH