2. Nominate someone who lives in the UK
You can nominate someone for an honour online.
You’ll need to write a detailed description explaining why you’re nominating them. Read the guidance on how to write a nomination.
You’ll also need:
- your nominee’s name, age, address and contact details
- details of relevant work or volunteering they’ve done
- details of any awards or other recognition they’ve received
- 2 supporting letters to back up your nomination - these should be from people who know the nominee personally
You can include any evidence you have of recognition your nominee has received for their achievements, for example articles, photos or letters.
You can save your nomination and come back to it later on.
Make a nomination by post or email
Fill in the honours nomination form and send it to the Honours and Appointments Secretariat. You can also ask questions about the nomination process.
Honours and Appointments Secretariat
1 Horse Guards Road