Nominate someone for an honour or award

Nominate someone who lives or works abroad

You can nominate someone for an honour if they live or work abroad and they’ve made achievements in either:

  • the UK and their achievement has a significant international element
  • another country

If they’re not British they’ll be given an ‘honorary award’.

There’s a different process for bravery awards.

Fill in the nomination form and send it to the Royal, Ceremonial and Honours Unit, part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).

Download the FCO guidance on completing the form. You can also ask questions about the nomination process.

Royal, Ceremonial and Honours Unit
Protocol Directorate
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
King Charles St

Royal, Ceremonial and Honours Unit