How to follow companies and access public information for free using our online services.
With over 4 million companies registered and over 7 million documents filed each year, there are lots of ways to find the company information you’re searching for.
You can watch our video on how to find company information with captions on YouTube (1m 13s).
Free information on Companies House Service (CHS)
CHS makes all of the public data we hold on companies available free of charge.
Unlike our other services, you do not have to register to view company information on CHS.
You can get details about a company for free, including:
- basic company information (including company type, registered office address etc)
- the nature of business (SIC)
- the company status (for example, live, dissolved etc.)
- the date of last accounts or confirmation statement filed
- the date of next accounts or confirmation statement due
- full transaction filing
- images of documents
- officer searching
- current and resigned officers
- disqualified directors
- previous and dissolved names search
- mortgage charge data
- insolvency information
Follow companies for free
Follow is a part of CHS which lets you receive free email alerts of company transactions. The alert tells you instantly what’s been filed with us, as soon as we’ve accepted it.
The email alert includes a link to the filing history of the company, where you can download a copy of the document for free.
How to follow
The Follow service is available free of charge on CHS.
To begin following companies:
- Sign in once you’ve registered an email address and password.
- Search for a company to follow.
- Select the company.
- Click on ‘Follow this company’.
You can search by company or company officer to access:
- basic company information free of charge
- a company’s filing history
- accounts due dates
- confirmation statement due dates
Save and sort your favourites to help you file on time
You can store your most frequent company searches as favourites, then sort them by due filing date for accounts or confirmation statement. An amber icon lets you know a document is due to be filed soon, while a red icon lets you know its overdue. A notification icon lets you know how many companies need attention.
Statistics on incorporations and dissolutions
The statistics feature provides incorporation and dissolution figures over a date range defined by you, with charts and bar graphs so you can see when peaks occur.
How to get the app
You can download the app free of charge from:
Apple iOS 6.0 or later on devices:
- iPhone 3GS or later
- iPad 2 or later
- iPod Touch 4th generation or later
Android Requirements are 2.3.3 or later.
WebCHeck allows access to company information. There’s no need to set up an account and most documents are available as images to downloaded and view within minutes.
Free basic information
Our free public information includes:
- basic information including company type and registered office address
- the nature of business or standard industrial classification (SIC)
- company status, such as ‘live’ or ‘dissolved’
- date of last accounts or confirmation statement filed
- date of next accounts or confirmation statement due
- previous company names
- current officer details
Use your debit or credit card or PayPal to pay at our secure checkout page, then proceed to download your documents.
Basic company information is free, but there’s a fee for documents and reports. See our guidance on Companies House fees for a full list of costs.
You can add documents to your shopping basket up to an order limit of £50.
Before you make a purchase you’ll need to register a password and email address. We can then let you know when your documents are ready to access. Documents will be available in your download area for viewing or saving for 10 days, or for 4 days once opened.
Disqualified directors on WebCHeck
You can access information about disqualified directors using WebCHeck. Search by name and select from the list of matches to view:
- name and address
- date of birth
- number of current disqualifications
- period of disqualification
- reason for disqualification
Search for company information on WebCHeck with charges of £1 per document image and basic information free of charge.