Almost £5 billion of funding is available to help UK businesses become greener as part of the government’s commitment to reach net zero emissions by 2050.
Funding opportunities will be awarded to businesses investing in green technologies to increase energy efficiency or reduce carbon emissions.
Before you apply for funding
Explore and find the right funding for your business needs.
Check you’re eligible for the funding as the requirements vary for each type of fund.
Find current funding
This list is updated as new funding becomes available.
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 2: Autumn 2021 competition
Open: 27 September 2021 to 6 December 2021
Available: England, Northern Ireland and Wales only
£60 million grant fund for feasibility and engineering studies, and the deployment of industrial energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation projects.
Heat Network Investment Project (HNIP)
Open: March 2021 to September 2021
Available: England and Wales only
A £320 million fund to increase the number of heat networks being built to reduce carbon emissions and deliver carbon savings.
View past funding
View funding recently closed to applicants.
- Low Carbon Hydrogen Supply 2
- Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) - Phase 1 (Closed)
- Floating Offshore Wind Demonstration Programme (Closed)
- Alternative Energy Markets (AEM) - Energy Price Signals Study (Closed)
- BEIS Energy Innovation Programme (Closed)
- Biomass Feedstocks Innovation Programme (Closed)
- Direct Air Capture and other Greenhouse Gas Removal technologies competition (Closed)
- Energy Entrepreneurs Fund - Phase 8A (Closed)
- Green Distilleries Competition Phase 2 (Closed)