How to contact MHRA for specific services or enquiries.
10 South Colonnade
View a map showing our location
Main Telephone (weekdays 9am to 5pm): 020 3080 6000
Fax: 0203 118 9803
To to reproduce or re-use any MHRA material see our guidance.
Contacting us during the coronavirus (COVID-19) response
Please get in touch with us by phone or email rather than by post during the response period.
See our statement about our services and getting in touch.
We have also issued specific advice about using our Yellow Card service.
There is a Yellow Card COVID-19 website for reporting any suspected side effects from medicines, future vaccines and incidents involving medical equipment.
Applicants for regulatory approval for Coronavirus (COVID-19) test kits should email email@example.com using this form.
Enquiries about new guidance and procedures in place since 1 January 2021
For enquiries relating to the Agency’s planning and procedures since1 January 2021, see the below email contacts.
Importing and exporting
- To check the suitability of your qualifications/professional body membership: GDP.Inspectorate@mhra.gov.uk
- Queries on importing of investigational medical products (IMPs) from approval countries: Complete this contact form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries on exporting active substances manufactured in the UK: Complete this contact form and email to email@example.com
Marketing authorisations, variations and licensing guidance
- Instructions on how to apply for an MHRA-allocated company number, for converting PDNs to UK PILs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries on handling of decentralised and mutual recognition procedures RIS.NA@mhra.gov.uk
- Queries on orphan medicines and orphan designation email@example.com
- Queries on converting centrally authorised products to UK marketing authorisations: RIS.NA@mhra.gov.uk
- Queries on packaging and patient information leaflets: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medicines for children
- For general enquiries about paediatric submissions including PIP and waiver applications, modification procedures, and compliance checks: email@example.com
- Submitting a cover letter or final assessment report: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General enquiries on medicines for children: email@example.com
- For general enquiries about pharmacovigilance procedures: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regulatory and pharmacovigilance submissions
- Queries around UK QPPV, UK PSMF and the establishment of pharmacovigilance systems: email@example.com
- Queries around submission of Type IA variations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general device queries: email@example.com
- For device registration queries : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about interim arrangements for some biological products: email@example.com
- Queries on biological reference materials: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press enquiries: 020 3080 7651
Out of hours: 07770 446 189
Telephone: 020 3080 6533
- A to F – 0203 080 7166
- G to L – 0203 080 6720
- M to Z – 0203 080 7111
Clinical trials of medicines
If you are checking the status of a clinical trial submission, have a general clinical trial query or a technical query regarding an application you have submitted or plan to make:
Telephone (weekdays 8:30am to 4:30pm): 020 3080 6456
Defective medicines reporting centre
Report a defective medicine through the Yellow Card Scheme
DMRC (office hours) 020 3080 6574 (8:45am to 4:45pm Monday to Friday)
DMRC (out of hours) 07795 641 532 (urgent outside of normal working hours, at weekends or on public holidays)
For enquiries relating to compliance issues for medical devices contact: Devices.email@example.com
Medical devices adverse incident centre
Enquiries about reporting adverse incidents involving medical devices
Telephone: 020 3080 7080
Report a problem with a medical device via the Yellow Card Scheme
Enquiries about potential illegal dealings with medicines
Telephone (weekdays 9am to 5pm): 020 3080 6330
Report suspected falsified medicines via the Yellow Card Scheme
Telephone: 020 3080 6330 / 020 3080 6701
Manufacturer and wholesale dealer licences (medicines)
Enquiries about applications for licences and registrations covering manufacturing, wholesaling, brokering and importing of medicines and active substances
Telephone: 020 3080 6844
Opening hours: 9.30am to 12.30pm
MHRA medicines portal
For enquiries about registering and submitting product licence applications using MHRA portal.
Telephone: 020 3080 7100
Regulatory information service (RIS)
RIS acts as the single main point of contact for marketing authorisation holders of medicines and their representatives.
Telephone (weekdays 9am to 5pm): 020 3080 7400
New licence applications : RIS.NA@mhra.gov.uk
PLPI (all application types): RIS.PLPI@mhra.gov.uk
Please contact the whistleblowing section if you are reporting on issues as an employee, ex-employee or third-party employee of the company or organisation in question.
All other enquiries about potential illegal dealings should go to Medicines Enforcement.
Distance Selling Logo
Enquiries about applications and registrations for Distance Selling Logo
For all data protection enquiries, contact: DataProtection@mhra.gov.uk
Last updated 14 February 2022 + show all updates
Added Data Protection contact details
Added information about COVID-19 and urgent regulatory flexibility enquiries over the Easter weekend.
Added information about MHRA services and using email or telephone to contact us during the coronavirus (COVID-19) response period.
Change of Accounts payable supplier contact phone numbers.
Added a section on contacts for EU exit no deal enquiries.
Added new contact details for Medical Devices.
Added contact details for submission enquiries.
Updated the contact information for the Clinical Trials helpline.
Updated contact details
Contact details for medicines enforcement updated.