How to contact MHRA for specific services or enquiries.
10 South Colonnade
Main Telephone (weekdays 09:00 -17:00): 020 3080 6000
Fax: 0203 118 9803
To to reproduce or re-use any MHRA material see our guidance.
Contacting us during the coronavirus (COVID-19) response
Please get in touch with us by phone or email rather than by post during the response period.
We have also issued specific advice about using our Yellow Card service.
There is a Yellow Card COVID-19 website for reporting any suspected side effects from medicines, future vaccines and incidents involving medical equipment.
Contacting us over the weekend
We are open for emergency only COVID-19 and regulatory flexibilities queries over weekends.
Please call 020 3080 6725 or email email@example.com between 09:00 and 17:00.
We will also take out of hours emergency calls on COVID-19 and regulatory flexibilities on this number, from 17:00 to 23:00 during the weekend.
Enquiries about the period from 1 January 2021
For enquiries relating to the Agency’s planning and procedures from 1 January 2021, see the below email contacts.
Importing and exporting
- To check the suitability of your qualifications/professional body membership: GDP.Inspectorate@mhra.gov.uk
- Queries on importing of investigational medical products (IMPs) from approval countries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries on exporting active substances manufactured in the UK: email@example.com
Marketing authorisations, variations and licensing guidance
- Instructions on how to apply for an MHRA-allocated company number, for converting PDNs to UK PILs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries on handling of decentralised and mutual recognition procedures RIS.NA@mhra.gov.uk
- Queries on orphan medicines and orphan designation email@example.com
- Queries on converting centrally authorised products to UK marketing authorisations: IPU.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries on packaging and patient information leaflets: email@example.com
Medicines for children
- For general enquiries about paediatric submissions including PIP and waiver applications, modification procedures, and compliance checks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting a cover letter or final assessment report: email@example.com
- General enquiries on medicines for children: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general enquiries about pharmacovigilance procedures: email@example.com
Regulatory and pharmacovigilance submissions
- Queries around UK QPPV, UK PSMF and the establishment of pharmacovigilance systems: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries around submission of Type IA variations: email@example.com
- For general device queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For device registration queries : email@example.com
- Information about interim arrangements for some biological products: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries on biological reference materials: email@example.com
Press enquiries: 020 3080 7651
Out of hours: 07770 446 189
Telephone: 020 3080 6533
- A to F – 0203 080 7166
- G to L – 0203 080 6720
- M to Z – 0203 080 7111
Clinical trials of medicines
If you are checking the status of a clinical trial submission, have a general clinical trial query or a technical query regarding an application you have submitted or plan to make:
Telephone (weekdays 8:30-16:30): 020 3080 6456
Defective medicines reporting centre
Report a defective medicine through the Yellow Card Scheme
DMRC (office hours) 020 3080 6574 (08:45 to 16:45 Monday to Friday)
DMRC (out of hours) 07795 641 532 (urgent outside of normal working hours, at weekends or on public holidays)
For medical device enquiries relating to:
- Regulatory advice
- Classification or borderline
- Clinical investigations for devices
For enquiries relating to compliance issues for medical devices contact: Devices.firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical devices adverse incident centre
Enquiries about reporting adverse incidents involving medical devices
Telephone: 020 3080 7080
Enquiries about potential illegal dealings with medicines
Telephone (weekdays 9:00-17:00): 020 3080 6330
Telephone (out-of-hours emergency) for Case Referral Centre/Fakemeds Hotline: 07795 825 727
Report suspected falsified medicines via the Yellow Card Scheme
Telephone: 020 3080 6330 / 020 3080 6701
Manufacturer and wholesale dealer licences (medicines)
Enquiries about applications for licences and registrations covering manufacturing, wholesaling, brokering and importing of medicines and active substances
Telephone: 020 3080 6844
MHRA medicines portal helpdesk
Telephone: 020 3080 7100
Regulatory information service (RIS)
RIS acts as the single main point of contact for marketing authorisation holders of medicines and their representatives.
Telephone (weekdays 9:00 -17:00): 020 3080 7400
New licence applications : RIS.NA@mhra.gov.uk
PLPI (all application types): RIS.PLPI@mhra.gov.uk
Please contact the whistleblowing section if you are reporting on issues as an employee, ex-employee or third-party employee of the company or organisation in question.
Telephone: 020 3080 6447
All other enquiries about potential illegal dealings should go to Medicines Enforcement.
Distance Selling Logo
Enquiries about applications and registrations for Distance Selling Logo
Enquiries to our Information Processing Unit about how to send regulatory submissions to the agency and validation issues.