How to make a payment to MHRA by credit or debit card or a bank transfer and manage your account on iRIS.
You can pay MHRA for your product or application by credit or debit card or a bank transfer and you can manage your account with MHRA on iRIS.
You will need to provide proof of payment with all applications and so will need to pay before you submit your application. This can be either a:
- BACS or CHAPS electronic confirmation form
- photocopy of the cheque for the required sum (dated and signed)
- MHRA iRIS email account receipt (preferred for iRIS account holders)
- email confirmation from MHRA’s finance department
Check the list of fees if you haven’t already to ensure you pay the correct amount.
Credit or debit card
You can pay by credit or debit card if you are paying an outstanding invoice or for applications (eg a variation to your marketing authorisation). You will need to provide proof of payment with most applications and so will need to pay before you submit your application.
You can make a bank transfer to remit payment of invoices or for an application (eg applying for a marketing authorisation). You will need to provide proof of payment with most applications and so will need to pay before submitting your application.
- account name: GBS Re MHRA
- account number: 12314800
- sort code: 08-33-00
- swift code: CITIGB2L
- IBAN: GB05CITI08330012314800
25 Canada Square
Send remittance details to:
151 Buckingham Palace Road
Or email details to email@example.com.
Pay by cheque
You should send remittance advice slips to the address above marked for the attention of the ‘cashier’, or you can fax them to 020 8754 3969. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your payment may be returned if you fail to provide sufficient information on electronic remittances or if you incorrectly input the bank details.
iRIS is an online account management facility for customers to check their account details.
With iRIS you can:
- view all your transactions and balances with an option to print
- see if your payments have been received by us
- see where your payments have been allocated within MHRA
- export account information from iRIS to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- allocate your credit memo transactions against your invoices
- see application fees for various applications
You can see bulk payments made by your organisation to MHRA for:
- marketing authorisations
- parallel import product licences
- process licences (eg wholesale dealer licence)
- clinical trial applications
You should receive an acknowledgement email within 48 hours of registering with the service. You will then receive 1 email with a username and another with a password. You can login to iRIS immediately after receiving these details.
With iRIS you can create a ‘commitment’ to make a payment to the MHRA by creating a ‘deposit invoice’. Then you need to instruct your bank to remit that payment to us by electronic BACS method.
If you have any questions about iRIS, email email@example.com or call 020 3080 6533 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
We have created a series of e-learning guides to help with various aspects or the iRIS system: