Adding 18F labelled radiopharmaceuticals to a diagnostic ARSAC certificate
How to apply to add 18F labelled radiopharmaceuticals used in brain amyloid imaging to your diagnostic ARSAC certificate.
There are currently 2 licensed amyloid imaging radiopharmaceuticals available in the UK:
To add either of these radiopharmaceuticals to your diagnostic ARSAC certificate, you should submit an additions application and include the following information:
- confirmation that you work in an institution with recognised dementia experts within a network memory clinic or equivalent
- the specific intended clinical use
- confirmation of your participation in or feedback from the relevant MDT and referring dementia experts
- availability of adequate back-up services, such as second read from an established centre or network
You must also be able to demonstrate that you have met the following training requirements.
- knowledge, experience and ARSAC certification for 18F-FDG imaging for differential diagnosis of dementia (9a21v)
- fundamental aspects of PET/CT imaging
- specific understanding of brain amyloid imaging in dementia, following attendance at a Reader Training programme or equivalent
- practical experience / image interpretation
- mentored review of 50 cases (including library cases)
- previous research experience with brain amyloid imaging would be an advantage
ARSAC encourages participation in clinical audit of the impact of brain amyloid imaging on patient management.
Published: 1 December 2014