Rural earnings statistics
Workplace and residence based earnings for rural and urban areas.
Workplace based earnings measure the average annual earnings of people who work in a particular area but may live elsewhere. Residence based earnings are measured by where employees live.
- median workplace based earnings
- median residence based earnings
Rural classification used: Local Authority Rural-Urban Classification
Next release date: tbc
Published: 9 February 2012
Updated: 21 July 2016
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- The latest statistics for rural earnings published today.
- 2012 workplace based and resident based earnings by rural urban classification.
- First published.