Rural investment statistics
Capital investment in rural and urban areas.
- capital investment per employee (capital investment activity is where companies spend money on fixed assets - typically land, buildings or machinery)
Data source: Office for National Statistics, Annual Business Inquiry (ABI)
Rural classification used: Local Authority Rural-Urban Classification
Next release date: tbc
Published: 31 January 2013
Updated: 21 July 2016
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- Latest rural investment statistics published today.
- The latest rural investment statistics have been published.
- Latest statistics on capital investment in rural businesses published.
- First published.