Universal Credit and employers: frequently asked questions
This guidance explains what Universal Credit will mean for employers and their employees.
Published: 11 December 2014
Updated: 12 August 2016
- Updated some questions and removed 3 other questions in the English HTML, based on questions compiled by employers and SMEs.
- Updated to reflect changes to Universal Credit from April 2016 (English only, Welsh to follow).
- Deleted “You could also risk receiving a penalty if you persistently fail to submit PAYE details on or before the date you pay your employees. Inserted “You could also risk receiving a penalty if you fail to submit PAYE details on time.” (See the "What happens if Real Time Information (RTI) data is submitted late" part of the FAQs PDF).
- Universal Credit and employers: frequently asked questions, updated pdf published.
- Published 2 new guides 'Universal Credit for HR and payroll staff' and 'Universal Credit: how it helps your employees and workers'.
- Revised version with new information about the roll-out of Universal Credit.
- First published.