A quick-reference guide to UK regulations and procedures.
PDF, 701KB, 29 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide mainly deals with issues specific to yachts, such as operations and manning standards, and what to do about them. It’s for:
of UK registered large commercial yachts, and covers the following:
- manning qualifications (such as CECs, STCW watch rating, medical certificates and discharge books).
- hours of work
- crew agreements
- official log books and their completion
- GMDSS logs
- health and safety (officials, committees and risk assessments).
- medical stores and care
- surveys, audits and ILO Inspections
- continuous synopsis records
- UK publications to be carried
Published: 1 May 2014
Updated: 28 September 2017
- Updated Masters guide to UK Flag - large yacht edition 3 - September 2017
- The Guide has been updated.
- First published.