Social care registration: handbook for Ofsted staff
Guidance for Ofsted staff on registration of adoption and fostering agencies, children’s homes and residential family centres.
PDF, 1.58MB, 164 pages
MS Word Document, 1.16MB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance is to assist all Ofsted staff in understanding the processes of registering:
- voluntary adoption agencies
- adoption support agencies
- children’s homes
- independent fostering agencies
- residential family centres
Published: 12 September 2014
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Minor changes for clarity at paragraphs 31, 98, 101, 104 and 325.
- Guidance about obtaining references updated; minor changes for clarity in paragraphs 53, 306, 338, 431 and annex I.
- Updated for changes to legislation.
- First published.