If you are an adult working in the agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors or are a rurally located small business there may be training opportunities you can sign up to.
A range of nationwide events are planned including training courses, workshops, seminars and conferences. These will be part funded through the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE), managed by DEFRA. All you or your employer would need to pay is 30% of the cost.
The training will focus on the following themes:
- Business Management, Leadership and ICT Skills for Agriculture, Horticulture & Forestry
- Knowledge Transfer, Innovation and Technical Skills for Agriculture Horticulture & Forestry
- Agricultural Animal Health and Welfare
- Marketing and Supply Chain Efficiency for Agriculture, Horticulture & Forestry
- Resource Use Efficiency in Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry 6 .Traditional Rural Skills and Rural Tourism
- The National RDPE Skills Framework is part of a suite of products and services delivered in the rural areas of England through RDPE 2007-2013 which is funded by the EU and the UK Government and managed by Defra
- There are 32 training providers on the Framework
- The aim of the Framework is to provide training provision until the end of the Programme, which will result in the new knowledge and skills for individuals working within the agricultural, horticulture and forestry sectors