Veterans UK pensions forms
- Veterans UK and Ministry of Defence
- Part of:
- Support services for military and defence personnel and their families and Support services for veterans and their families
- 1 June 2009
- Last updated:
- 10 April 2017, see all updates
Use these forms when claiming pensions under AFPS 75 and AFPS 05.
MS Word Document, 237KB
MS Word Document, 280KB
MS Word Document, 98.1KB
MS Word Document, 275KB
MS Word Document, 934KB
PDF, 134KB, 1 page
MS Word Document, 659KB
MS Word Document, 705KB
MS Word Document, 1020KB
MS Word Document, 1.14MB
MS Word Document, 822KB
MS Word Document, 782KB
MS Word Document, 706KB
MS Word Document, 727KB
MS Word Document, 609KB
MS Word Document, 892KB
These forms should be used when claiming pensions under Armed Forces Pension Scheme (AFPS) 75 and AFPS 05.
Please visit Pensions for veterans for further information on the AFPS 75 and 05.
Please note when using:
- the Overseas pensions payment mandate forms you must also complete ‘Form 1’
- the ‘Allocation of pension (AFPS form 3)’: You can allocate up to 37.5% of your pension, so that after you die one or more nominated dependants can receive an income for life (certain conditions apply)
- the ‘Added years application (AFPS form 5)’: Added years can be bought as whole or part years by making a regular contribution. Contributions are limited to 15% of pensionable earnings
- the ‘Claim preserved pension (AFPS form 8)’: Preserved pensions are normally paid from pension benefit age (currently age 65), but are not paid automatically and have to be claimed
- the ‘Inverse commutation application (AFPS form 9)’: Within 6 months of the pension coming into payment you can apply to exchange all or part of the lump sum for an increase in pension (certain conditions apply)
For help and information on your armed forces pension please ring the Veterans UK JPAC on telephone: 0800 085 3600
or write to:
Veterans UK JPAC Enquiry Centre
Mail Point 480
65 Brown Street
Compensation forms have now been moved and are available on the Veterans UK compensation forms.
Published: 1 June 2009
Updated: 10 April 2017
- Replaced divorce dissolution form with latest edition
- Replaced form 8 with latest version
- Replaced forms 12 and 14 with the latest edtiion
- Replaced form 8 with the latest edition
- Replaced forms 2 and 3 with the latest version
- Compensation forms have now been moved to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/veterans-uk-compensation-forms.
- Added Application for life commutation forms 10 and 11.
- Updated Nomination/ Revocation of Death Benefit (AFPS05/ RFPS05 /AFPS15) AFPS Form 2.
- Added updated War Widow’s / War Widower’s pension / funeral expenses (WPS0004) form
- Added the following forms 'WPS0002 – Claim for War Pension (Further Condition)', 'WPS0008 - Treatment allowance', 'WPS0003CAA - War Pensions constant attendance allowance', 'WPS0003UNSUP- War Pensions Unemployability Supplement'.
- Removed 'Nomination of death benefit (in service)/preserved pension lump sum continuation sheet (AFPS 05/RFPS 05: Form 2A)' as this is now incorporated into 'AFPS Form 2'.
- Added revised forms AFPS 1, 2, 8A, 12, 16.
- Added updated AFPS form 2 and new form AFPS 9.
- Added form Allowance for lowered standard of occupation (WPS0003ALSO)
- Updated 'War Pensioners Mobility Supplement (WPS0003WPMS)'
- Added AFPS 15 form 6 and form 6A
- Added War Pensioners Mobility Supplement form.
- Added Opt in/out of Armed Forces Pension Scheme (Form 16).
- Added new form War Widow’s / War Widower’s Pension / Funeral Expenses (WPS0004).
- Added Pension appeal form
- Added Inverse commutation form AFPS 05 / RFPS.
- Added updated forms AFPS 5 and AFPS 4.
- Added link to Armed forces pensions on divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships page
- Added updated forms 2, 2a, 3, 3a, 8, 8a, 12, 14 and Divorce Dissolution. Deleted 4, 5, 9, 10, 11 and 13.
- Updated 'Preserved pension claim form (Form 8)'.
- Updated the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and War Pensions Scheme claim form (AFPS/WPS001).
- Added new version of AFPS Form 1 updated 6/14.
- Added updated Form 8A.
- Added updated AFPS application form (updated 04/14).
- Updated contact details to reflect organisational changes
- Added updated form 8, preserved pension claim form.
- Added AFCS form WPS 01
- Added updated Pension forecast request (Form 13) version 2.0.
- Replaced form 13.
- Added 'Form 12: pension forecast request' and 'Form 13: pension forecast request (FTRS97, MPGS, NRPS and RFPS only).'
- First published.