Outlines aims and roles of the transport accident investigation branches and their relationship with the Department for Transport.
Protocol: the role of air, marine and rail accident investigation branches and their relationship with the Department for Transport
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Protocol document stating the general aims, roles and relationship of transport accident investigation branches of the Department for Transport:
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- Marine Accident Investigation Branch
- Rail Accident Investigation Branch
The general aims of the transport accident investigation branches are to:
- improve the safety of their respective sectors
- prevent accidents and incidents
- undertake independent investigation of rail, maritime and air accidents
with the objectives of improving better practices and avoiding future accidents.