Notice 600: classifying your imports or exports
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Import and export notices: numerical order, Import and export notices: alphabetical order, and International freight industry and businesses making customs declarations
- First published:
- 5 March 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 July 2016, see all updates
This notice explains the procedures for classifying your imports or exports. It also explains how to obtain a Binding Tariff Information (BTI) decision.
This notice cancels and replaces the previous version in July 2011 and updates the procedures for obtaining a BTI decision.
Published: 5 March 2014
Updated: 6 July 2016
- Details about classifying import/exports and VAT/duty obligations have been updated.
- Change of service contact details, as of the 1 September 2015 the Tariff Classification Helpline is changing from telephone contact to email.
- Change of service contact details, as of the 1 September 2015 the Tariff Classification Helpline is changing from telephone contact to e-mail.
- First published.