Analysis of how national funding formulae for schools, high needs and central school services blocks will affect specific protected groups.
An assessment of the effect that the national funding formulae for schools, high needs and central school services blocks will have on groups with protected characteristics.
High needs funding is funding for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities who need extra support at school, college or alternative provision settings. Alternative provision settings are for children who can’t go to a mainstream school.
The central school services block is funding that local authorities use to provide services for all schools.
The assessment describes responses received through the consultation process and explains the decisions we made as a result.
The relevant protected characteristics, identified in the Equality Act 2010, are:
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- race (including ethnicity)
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
- national funding formula for schools and high needs: policy paper
- national funding formula allocations for schools and high needs
- high needs funding reform consultation (stage 1)
- high needs national funding formula consultation (stage 2)
- schools national funding formula consultation
- schools national funding formula consultation (stage 2)