Changes to the funding system for schools and high needs.
New national funding formulae for schools, high needs and the central school services block will be introduced from April 2018.
High needs funding is funding for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities who need extra support at school, college or alternative provision settings. Alternative provision settings are for children who can’t go to a mainstream school.
The central school services block is funding that local authorities use to provide services for all schools.
The policy document sets out the background and principles of the new national funding formulae.
The executive summary gives an overview of the formulae.
- national funding formula for schools and high needs: impact assessment tables
- national funding formula for schools and high needs: equalities impact assessment
- national funding formula allocations for schools and high needs
- high needs funding reform consultation (stage 1)
- high needs national funding formula consultation (stage 2)
- schools national funding formula consultation
- schools national funding formula consultation (stage 2)