High needs funding reform
This consultation has concluded
Detail of outcome
See the government response to the consultation (read chapter 2 of ‘High needs funding reform - government response and stage 2 proposals’ and ‘Annex A - detailed response to the stage 1 consultation’). These documents include a summary of the responses we received and an outline of the next steps.
- stage 2 of the consultation on the high needs funding formula
- stage 2 of the consultation on the schools national funding formula
- an equalities impact assessment that looks into the effect that the high needs national funding formula will have on specific protected groups
This consultation ran from
We’re seeking views on proposals to improve the distribution of high needs funding.
This consultation was held on another website.
We invite your views on:
- the structure of a formula for funding local authorities to provide services for children and young people who attract high needs funding
- improvements to the distribution of this high needs funding to schools, colleges and other institutions
High needs funding is funding for children and young people with special educational needs or disability who need extra support at school, college or alternative provision settings. Alternative provision settings are for children who can’t go to a mainstream school.
We are also consulting on proposals to introduce a schools national funding formula.