Free schools: applicant information for waves 1 and 2
Freedom of Information request relating to waves 1 and 2 free school applications.
- Date requested: 22 June 2011
- Publish date: 19 February 2013
- Updated: 19 February 2013
Following the Freedom of Information request set out below, the department is publishing the requested information.
A list of free school proposals received by the Department for Education, including the 323 received during the first wave and the 281 received during the second wave, giving for each:
- The name of the project
- The local authority/area of the proposed school
- The previous name (if applicable) of the proposed school
- The faith (if any) of the proposed school
- Whether the proposal was received in the first wave or the second wave
The attached tables contain the following information in relation to free school applications received in waves 1 and 2:
- Name of proposed free school as stated in application
- Proposed local authority in which the free school would be situated
- Name of independent school if converting to free school status
The wave 2 table contains the following additional information:
- Faith designation
Note: The applications listed with faith designation were self-identified as such by the applicants during the application process.