Information for public health professionals on immunisation.
This chapter has been fully updated to reflect all the recent changes to the routine childhood immunisation schedule, as well as those to the adult programme.
The overall aim of the UK’s routine immunisation schedule is to provide protection against the following vaccine-preventable infections:
- pertussis (whooping cough)
- haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- pneumococcal (certain serotypes)
- human papillomavirus types (certain serotypes)