The Environment Agency's approach to the management and protection of groundwater.
The Environment Agency is the statutory body responsible for the protection and management of groundwater resources in England. ‘Groundwater protection: Principles and practice’ (commonly referred to as GP3) sets out:
- our aims and objectives for groundwater
- our technical approach to its management and protection
- our position and approach to the application of relevant legislation
- the tools we use to do our work
- technical guidance for groundwater specialists
GP3 is intended to be used by anyone interested in groundwater and particularly by those proposing or carrying out an activity that may cause groundwater impacts.