Groundwater protection: principles and practice GP3
The Environment Agency's approach to the management and protection of groundwater.
Ref: LIT 7660 PDF, 3.83MB, 215 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Environment Agency is the statutory body responsible for the protection and management of groundwater resources in England. ‘Groundwater protection: Principles and practice’ (commonly referred to as GP3) sets out:
- our aims and objectives for groundwater
- our technical approach to its management and protection
- our position and approach to the application of relevant legislation
- the tools we use to do our work
- technical guidance for groundwater specialists
GP3 is intended to be used by anyone interested in groundwater and particularly by those proposing or carrying out an activity that may cause groundwater impacts.