Get proof a partner is on police bail for domestic violence

Sample letters to get evidence a partner is currently on police bail for a domestic violence charge, if you're applying for legal aid.


To get a copy of the police charge sheet, you should:

  • fill in as much as you can of the sample letter
  • send it to the Data Protection Officer at the police force which granted bail

You may have to pay a fee for your copy.

You can use the evidence if you’re applying for legal aid to divorce or separate from an abusive partner.

They must be on bail for one of these domestic violence offences.