Get a copy of a police caution for domestic violence

Use this letter to get evidence a partner has been cautioned by police for domestic violence against you, if you're applying for legal aid.



To get a copy of the police caution, you should:

You may have to pay a charge for your copy.

You can use this as evidence if you’re applying for legal aid to divorce or separate from an abusive partner.

The caution must be for one of these domestic violence offences.

If you’re using a lawyer, they will be able to help you.

Published 19 December 2014