This leaflet can help healthcare professionals speak with people, following suspected or confirmed diagnosis of gastroschisis.
This publication explains the condition gastroschisis, found following an ultrasound pregnancy screen.
This document includes information about:
- what the condition is
- how common it is
- how it is diagnosed and confirmed
- what treatment is available
- what the outlook for the baby is
- what happens next
- how likely it is to happen in future pregnancy
- where more support and information is available
The NHS fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP) tests for this condition.