This publication explains a cleft lip, a condition that is screened for by an ultrasound scan as part of the Fetal Anomaly Screening Programme (FASP).
The document includes information about:
- what the condition is
- how common it is
- how it is diagnosed and confirmed
- what treatment is available
- what the outlook for the baby is
- what happens next
- how likely it is to happen in future pregnancy
- where more support and information is available
The NHS fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP) tests for this condition.