Form N5: Make a claim for possession of property

A property owner or landlord can use this form with a 'particulars of claim' form to make a claim for possession of property.


Ffurflen hawlio ar gyfer meddiannu eiddo

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


If you’re asking for possession of property because of unpaid rent or mortgage (and no other reason), you can use the online service instead.

You must use the N5 form with a ‘particulars of claim’ form. There are different forms for different types of claim:

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Read more about squatting and the law.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 May 2014
Last updated 9 February 2021 + show all updates
  1. Statement of truth amended.

  2. English and Welsh versions updated.

  3. First published.