Form N119: Give details of a claim to gain possession of a rented residential property

Use this form ('particulars of claim') with Form N5 to tell a court why you're seeking possession, for example if a tenant hasn't complied with the tenancy terms. Includes guidance notes N119A, N7A and N7B.



If you’re making a claim for possesion of property because of unpaid rent (and no other reason), you can use the online service instead.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 April 2010
Last updated 9 February 2021 + show all updates
  1. Statement of truth amended.

  2. Added revised form N119 bilingual that includes GDPR information.

  3. N119 (English) updated

  4. First published.