Research and analysis
Foodborne illness in humans: general outbreaks in England and Wales in 2016
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Health Protection Report: latest infection reports
- 12 February 2016
- Last updated:
- 16 December 2016, see all updates
Reporting of general outbreaks of foodborne illness week by week including organism and number of people ill.
An outbreak is an incident in which two or more people, thought to have a common exposure, experience a similar illness or proven infection (at least one of them having been ill).
A general outbreak is an outbreak affecting members of more than one household or residents of an institution.
For previous data see the archive of older reports.
Published: 12 February 2016
Updated: 16 December 2016
- HPR 10(44) report uploaded
- HPR 10(17) report uploaded
- HPR 10(15) report uploaded
- HPR 10(10) report uploaded
- First published.