Countryside Stewardship: woodland creation grant manual 2017
- Forestry Commission, Natural England, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, and Rural Payments Agency
- Part of:
- Countryside Stewardship: woodland support, Countryside Stewardship, and Farming
- First published:
- 7 December 2016
- Last updated:
- 6 March 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
Find out about the woodland creation grant, how to apply, agreement terms and payment rates.
PDF, 520KB, 56 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The woodland creation grant is a standalone capital grant under Countryside Stewardship. Farmers and other land managers can apply for a 2 year works programme to plant and protect young trees. Subject to eligibility, a supporting maintenance grant of £200 per hectare for 10 years may also be available.
The application period for the woodland creation grant closed on 1 March 2017.
This manual provides information about how to apply for the woodland creation grant and agreement conditions.
See the main Countryside Stewardship page for more information about the scheme.
Published: 7 December 2016
Updated: 6 March 2017
- Section 3.1.2 'Funding for Woodland Maintenance (through Higher Tier agreements submission window)' amended.
- Updated manual with revised terms and conditions.
- First published.