Childcare and children's social care health declaration form

Health declaration form for childminders and people who work in childcare or children's social care.


Health declaration form

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You will need to complete the health declaration form before you register with Ofsted to look after or care for children. This form used to be known as the health declaration booklet.

Find out more about how to register childcare or children’s social care.

  1. Fill in section A and the relevant part of section B.
  2. Take the form to your GP to fill in section C. GPs may charge a fee for doing this.
  3. Send the completed form in a stamped addressed envelope to:

Applications team
Piccadilly Gate
Store Street
M1 2WD

Published 3 March 2013
Last updated 18 April 2019 + show all updates
  1. Updated form for clarity and split part B into separate sections: B1 for early years and childcare and B2 for children's social care.
  2. First published.