This sets out your rights and the standards you can expect from Ofsted when we collect, hold or use your personal information.
We will follow all applicable UK and EU data protection laws in how we treat your personal information.
When Ofsted collects, holds, uses or processes your personal information, you have a right to be told:
- what the data is being used for
- why we’re legally able to process your data (this is called the ‘lawful basis for processing’)
- how long we will keep your data
- who we will share it with
- whether it will be transferred or accessed outside the UK or EU, and what legal protection it will have
- who our Data Protection Officer is
- about any rights you have, including the right to access your information or to object to its being used
- about your right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel that your personal information has been mishandled
You are also entitled to have your personal information:
- protected and kept secure
- kept accurate and up to date
- not used for purposes that are incompatible with those for which it was collected
- kept only for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected (unless it must be kept as part of historic records)
Ofsted privacy notices
These privacy notices explain how specific areas of Ofsted handle your information:
Ofsted is the data controller for the personal data described in our privacy notices. A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed.
- to get a copy of the personal information we have about you
- if you have any other questions
Contact form: https://contact.ofsted.gov.uk/
Telephone: 020 7276 1234
Our helpline is open from 8am until 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Contact Ofsted’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) with any concerns about how we or our services handle your personal information.
Our data protection officer is Neil Greenwood, Director, Digital & Information.
The DPO is responsible for independent advice and monitoring how Ofsted uses personal information.
Information management team
Bristol BS1 6EH
Independent advice on data protection and privacy
Contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues.
Information Commissioner's Office
Contact form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860