Apply to extend your stay in the UK: form FLR(FP)

Form to apply to stay in the UK on the basis of your family life as a partner, parent or dependent child or on the basis of your private life in the UK.



Use this form to apply online if you are already in the UK and want to extend your stay on the basis of your family or private life, and to get a biometric residence permit.

This form is for:

  • family life as a partner (10 year route)
  • family life as a parent (5 year and 10 year routes)
  • dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system or UK Ancestry (10 year route)
  • private life in the UK (10 year route)
  • leave outside the rules on the basis of family or private life

You should check your eligibility before you apply. If you are eligible to apply you will find guidance on how to complete your application and the evidence you need to provide within the online application form.

Use fee waiver application form if you are destitute and can’t pay to extend your stay.

You must apply for the fee waiver before you make your FLR (FP) application.

Get help to apply online

You can get help with completing the online form if you:

  • do not feel confident using a computer or mobile device
  • do not have internet access

You can only use this service if you’re making an application in the UK.

You cannot get immigration advice through this service.

Published 1 December 2013
Last updated 13 December 2018 + show all updates
  1. Paper application form withdrawn, you must now apply online.

  2. Updated application form and guide.

  3. Latest version of form published.

  4. Updated form for use on or after 6 April 2018.

  5. First published.