1. Family visas: apply, extend or switch

    Get a family visa for the UK, live with your spouse or relative - eligibility, proof, renewing, financial and English language requirements

  2. Visit the UK for a holiday or to see family or friends

    Find out what you need to do if you're visiting the UK for a holiday or to see family or friends. Find out what visa to apply for, and what you need to do before you visit.

  3. Apply for an EEA family permit from outside the UK

    Get an EEA family permit if you want to join your family or partner in the UK and they're from the European Economic Area (EEA) - eligibility, cost

  4. Apply to extend stay in the UK as a partner or dependent child: form FLR (M)

    Form to extend stay in the UK as the partner or dependent child of someone who is settled here or who is a refugee or under humanitarian protection.

  5. Apply to extend your stay in the UK: form FLR(FP)

    Form to apply to stay in the UK on the basis of your family life as a partner, parent or dependent child or on the basis of your private life in the UK.

See more services in this topic

Guidance and regulation

  1. Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests
  2. Guidance for dependants of UK visa applicants (Tiers 1, 2, 4, 5)
  3. Chapter 08: appendix FM family members (immigration directorate instructions)
  4. Applications for a fee waiver and refunds
  5. Inform UKVI of a relationship breakdown: statement and consent form
See more guidance and regulation in this topic

News and communications

  1. UKBA consultation on family migration: consultation response
  2. Sham marriage: Church of England handling exemption for non-EEA national marriage applications
See more news and communications in this topic

Research and statistics

  1. Independent Family Returns Panel: 2014 to 2016
  2. Independent Family Returns Panel: 2011 to 2012
  3. Independent Family Returns Panel: 2012 to 2014
  4. Response to the Independent Chief Inspector's report on marriage and civil partnerships
  5. Migration Advisory Committee: income for family migration route
See more research and statistics in this topic

Policy papers and consultations

  1. Chapter 8, section 9: unmarried and same sex relationships
  2. Chapter 8, section 2: civil partners
  3. Chapter 8, section 1: spouses
  4. Adult dependent relatives: review
  5. Chapter 8, section 5a: children
See more policy papers and consultations in this topic

Transparency and freedom of information releases

  1. Applications for residence cards under the Surinder Singh directive
  2. Number of non-EEA partner applications on hold pending outcome of judicial review
See more transparency and freedom of information releases in this topic