Settle in the UK as a refugee: form SET (P)

Form to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK as a refugee, or for humanitarian protection, and get a biometric residence permit.


Application for settlement in the UK in accordance with the home office policies on refugee leave and humanitarian protection by a person in one of the categories listed in this form, and a biometric immigration document: form SET (P)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to apply to settle in the UK and get a biometric residence permit.

This form is for people who are in the UK and have been:

  • granted 5 years refugee leave and want to settle in accordance with Home Office policies on refugee leave
  • granted 5 years limited leave to enter or remain on grounds of Humanitarian Protection since 30 August 2005

You should also read the guidance at the end of the form.

Published 1 August 2013
Last updated 1 April 2016 + show all updates
  1. Updated form.
  2. Updated form for use on or after 19 November 2015.
  3. New version published for use on or after 6 April 2015.
  4. A new version of this form has been published for use on or after 2 June 2014. You can now tell us your email address to receive an update on the progress of your application.
  5. A new version of this form has been published for use on after 6 April 2014.
  6. First published.