The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
PDF, 3.9MB, 116 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
November Bulletin 11/2017
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Special Bulletin S3/2017 - HPH Glasflugel 304 eS (G-GSGS), front Electric Sustainer (FES) battery fire during landing, Parham Airfield, West Sussex, 10 August 2017
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Boeing 737-4Q8 (OE-IAG), main gear shimmy on landing on Runway 25 at Belfast International (Aldergrove) Airport, 4 October 2016
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Europa (G-NDOL) partial power loss after takeoff and loss of control, Apperknowle, Derbyshire, 28 May 2017
- Yak-52 (G-YAKB), loss of power and unsuccessful forced landing, 1 nm north of Dinton, Wiltshire, 8 July 2016
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- AW109SP (G-HLCM), precautionary landing after a main rotor blade tip cap detached in flight, Private landing site near Clifton Dykes, Penrith, Cumbria, 2 August 2017
- Cessna 402C (N618CA), rejected Takeoff, Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport, British Virgin Islands, 27 July 2017
- Piper PA-23-250 (G-BCCE), nose landing gear failed to lock down, Shoreham Airport, Sussex, 30 June 2017
- Europa (G-BZTH), oil leak led to engine failure and forced landing in a field, Near Parsons Barn, Long Compton, Warwickshire, 4 August 2017
- Europa (G-LEBE), after landing the landing gear retracted when the selection lever dislodged, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 1 August 2017
- Midget Mustang (G-CHJO), runway excursion on landing due to collapse of right main landing gear, North Coates Airfield, Lincolnshire, 5 August 2017
- Piper L18C (G-BIYJ), following a baulked landing, aircraft hit a farm vehicle and overturned, Pilmuir Farm, Lundin Links, Leven, Fife, 18 July 2017
- PA30A Twin Comanche (N7EY), runway overrun on landing, Farley Farm Airstrip, Hampshire, 10 September 2017
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-BPNI), rolled after touchdown, West Calder, West Lothian, 26 June 2016
- Taylorcraft BC12D (G-BTFK), short Landing, Near Gringley on the Hill, Nottinghamshire, 19 June 2017
- Vans RV-7A (G-ELVN), nose landing gear collapsed on landing, Sywell Aerodrome, Northamptonshire, 12 August 2017
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Aerotechnik EV-97 Eurostar (G-CCBK), overran landing area, Harthill Court Farm, Gloucestershire, 28 August 2017
- Ikarus C42 FB80 (G-CEAK), loss of forward visibility and sink during landing, Ince Airfield, Merseyside, 8 July 2017
- Magni M24C (G-MSGI), engine failure after takeoff and loss of control on landing, Oakley Airfield, Buckinghamshire, 6 August 2017
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-MYPY), inadvertent loss of control, Friskney, Boston, Lincolnshire, 28 May 2017
- Pegasus Quik (G-CDLA), aircraft overturned due to loss of control during takeoff run, Headcorn Aerdrome, Kent, 13 July 2017
- Pegasus Quik (G-FLEX), flipped on landing due to turbulence, Winscott Barton Flying Club, Bideford, Devon, 14 May 2017
- Rotorsport UK Cavalon (G-GERN), forced landing following loss of power on takeoff, Stoke Microlight Airfield, Kent, 18 June 2017
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.