The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
PDF, 11.9MB, 78 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
June Bulletin 6/2017
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Airbus A319-131 (G-EUPM), nose landing gear torque link separation whilst taxiing, Manchester Airport, 19 October 2016
Commercial Air Transport- Rotorcraft
- Westland Wasp HAS1 (G-KAXT), loss of collective pitch control resulting in a forced landing, Bishopstone, near Salisbury, Wiltshire, 23 September 2016
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Breezer B600E (D-ETDK), loss of control and deployment of ballistic recovery system, 2.5 nm NW of Oban Airport, Argyll, 2 August 2016
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- DHC-8-402 (G-FLBB), pressurisation failure with emergency descent, in flight from Manchester to Jersey, 8 December 2016
- Luscombe 8A (G-BRJK), engine power loss during attempted go-around, Chilbolton Airfield, nr Andover, Hampshire, 27 December 2016
- Maule MX-7-160 (N3110J), struck terrain while manoeuvring at low level, near Alford, Aberdeenshire, 23 June 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-CDEF), nose gear collapsed on landing, Sandown (Isle of Wight) Airfield, 11 November 2016
- Silence Twister (G-TWSS), engine fire during start, Wing Farm Airstrip, Warminster, Wiltshire, 5 June 2016
- Vans RV-8 (G-CHPK), departed the side of the runway during landing, Bidford Airfield, Warwickshire, 24 February 2017
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Aircreation Flexwing (SP-MTKI), loss of control in turbulent air, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 23 August 2016
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CEFZ), collision with a fence during taxiing, Cotswold (Kemble) Airport, Gloucestershire, 10 January 2017
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CGGM), bounced landing, Wycombe Air Park, Buckinghamshire, 8 April 2017
- Replica Campbell Cricket (G-BTMP), heavy landing, Garford Farm Airstrip, Oxfordshire, 19 February 2017
- Rotorsport UK MTOsport (G-SIXG), struck cable during a forced landing, Hope Farm, Braithwaite, Caldbeck, Cumbria, 17 December 2016
- Rotorsport UK MT-03 (G-RTIN), Gyroplane rolled over while being taxied by a student under instruction, Turweston Aerodrome, Northamptonshire, 13 February 2017
- Schiebel CAMCOPTER S-100 (UAS 232), loss of control on takeoff from ship stationed off the coast of Benbecula, Outer Hebrides, 18 October 2016
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB. * Gyroplane (RA-0542A), loss of control on takeoff, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 25 August 2016 - Correction