The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
January Bulletin 1/2015
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- ATR 72-212 A (EI-FCY), directional control problems on landing, Manchester Airport, 15 May 2014
- Cessna 525A Citation CJ2+ (N380CR), high altitude stall and loss of control, northwest of Coventry, 31 December 2013
- Piper PA-31-350 (N66886), forced landing following double engine failure, near Stonehaven, 9 April 2014
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
- Beech F33A (N999F), left gear leg failed to lock and collapsed on landing, Jersey Airport, 21 June 2014
- Grob G115E (G-BYWK), pilot induced oscillation, Colerne Airfield, Somerset, 11 October 2014
- Pioneer 300 (G-DEWY), engine failure on base leg, Frensham, 16 August 2014
- Piper PA-24-250 (G-ARLB), gear-up landing due to electrical failure, Turweston Aerodrome, 1 October 2014
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BXJJ), loss of engine power and forced landing, near White Waltham Aerodrome, 17 October 2014
- Piper PA-28-181 (G-BSIM), forced landing, near RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire, 28 October 2014
- Reims Cessna F172P (G-SBAE), propeller strike during landing, Blackpool Airport, 6 August 2014
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-MOGY), contacted ground during circuit practice and rolled over, near West Chevington, 30 October 2014
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-OKEY), struck ground following inappropriate cyclic input by student pilot, at Elstree Aerodrome, 21 September 2014
- Vans RV-8 (G-NRFK), loss of directional control on landing, Norwich Airport, 2 October 2014
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Kolb Twinstar Mk III (Modified) (G-MYPC), overran the field during a forced landing near Shifnal Airfield, 21 August 2014
- Skyranger Swift 912S(1) (G-CDMV), nose gear collapse after bounced landing at London Colney Airstrip, 31 October 2014
- Skyranger Swift 912S(1) (G-CFIA), aircraft departed runway, Brookfield Farm, 14 September 2014