- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 9 January 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 21 August 2014
- Aircraft category:
- Sport aviation and balloons
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Kolb Twinstar Mk III (Modified)
- Field near Shifnal Airfield, Shropshire
Overran the field during a forced landing near Shifnal Airfield, 21 August 2014.
Whilst flying at circuit height, the pilot experienced severe vibration, probably from the engine/propeller. He performed a forced landing in a field but overran into a hedge, causing extensive damage. It is possible that damage to the propeller may have been responsible for the vibration.
Published: 9 January 2015
Date of occurrence: 21 August 2014