AAIB investigation to Piper PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II, G-BSIM
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 9 January 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 28 October 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II
- Near RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire
Forced landing, near RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire, 28 October 2014.
The aircraft experienced a loss of engine power whilst in the visual circuit. Unable to restore power, the pilot carried out a forced landing in a nearby field, during which the aircraft struck an obstacle and was damaged. The pilot, who was uninjured, reported that the loss of power had been due to induction system icing; conditions at the time were conducive to such icing.
Published: 9 January 2015
Date of occurrence: 28 October 2014