AAIB investigation to Reims Cessna F172P Skyhawk, G-SBAE
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 9 January 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 6 August 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Reims Cessna F172P Skyhawk
- Blackpool Airport, Lancashire
Reims Cessna F172P (G-SBAE), propeller strike during landing, Blackpool Airport, 6 August 2014.
The pilot was practising circuits. His approach for a planned touch-and-go appeared normal, but on touchdown the aircraft bounced twice before the nosewheel touched firmly and the propeller struck the runway. The pilot considered that he should have initiated a go-around after the first bounce.
Published: 9 January 2015
Date of occurrence: 6 August 2014