Air accident monthly bulletin December 2016
The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
PDF, 12.7MB, 90 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
December Bulletin 12/2016
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Embraer EMB-505 Phenom 300 (HZ-IBN), steep and fast approach followed by runway overrun and fire, Blackbushe Airport, 31 July 2015
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Jet Provost T Mk5 (G-BWSG), brake failure during landing, Swansea Airport, 3 July 2016
- Jet Provost T Mk5A (G-JPVA), wheels-up landing, North Weald Airfield, Essex, 15 July 2016
- Saab-Scania SF340B (G-LGNC), engine cowling loose, during climb from Glasgow Airport, 20 July 2016
- Bede BD-4 (G-BKZV), forced landing following engine failure, near Nottingham Airport, 23 July 2016
- CAP 232 (G-GODV), canopy opened during takeoff, Lydd Airport, Kent, 29 July 2016
- Cessna 152 (G-MASS), left wing struck windsock pole during taxiing, Stow Maries Airfield, Essex, 23 September 2016
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-ANMY), loss of control on takeoff, Brimpton Airfield, Berkshire, 5 June 2016
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-AOHY), accident following failure to maintain height during takeoff attempt, Wickenby Aerodrome, Lincolnshire, 17 July 2016
- Europa XS monowheel (G-XSDJ), damaged during takeoff attempt, Lundy Island Airfield, 31 July 2016
- Maule MXT-7-180 (G-BVIK), runway Overrun, Private Airfield, Graveley, Hertfordshire, 2 July 2016
- Piper PA-18-150 (G-OROD), runway excursion and nose-over, Old Sarum Airfield, Wiltshire, 29 August 2016
- Piper PA-25-235 (G-BVYP), taxied into a parked aircraft, Bidford Gliding & Flying Club, Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, 22 July 2016
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-BDWY), loss of control on landing, Great Massingham Airfield, Norfolk, 6 September 2016
- Piper PA-28-181 (G-RNCH), runway excursion, Causeway Airfield, Coleraine, 17 August 2016
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-CDMG), loss of control during practice autorotation, Manston Airport, Kent, 25 July 2016
- Rotorway Executive 90 (G-BVTV), heavy landing, Landmead Farm Airfield, Oxfordshire, 6 August 2016
- Socata TB10 (G-HELA), wingtip collision with fence, Breighton Aerodrome, Yorkshire, 25 September 2016
- Steen Skybolt (G-CBYJ), overturned on landing, farm strip, Kingsley, Buckinghamshire, 16 August 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Jabiru Ul-D (G-CDKP), overran runway on landing, Damyns Hall Airfield, Essex, 25 June 2016
- Rans S6 (G-BUEW), heavy landing after pilot distracted during approach, Davidstow Moor Airfield, Cornwall, 30 August 2016
- Rans S6-ESD (Modified) (G-MYLD), engine failure during cruise, Cobham, Kent, 26 August 2016
- Rotorsport UK MTOsport (G-CGZM), rotor struck a hedge following aborted go-around, Headon Airfield, Nottinghamshire, 13 September 2016