Self-employed: Income Tax


Tell HMRC about a change to your personal details

Tell HMRC you've stopped being self-employed

If HMRC needs to contact you about anything confidential they’ll reply by phone or post.


Phone HMRC if you’re self-employed and have an Income Tax enquiry or need to report changes to your personal details.

0300 200 3300

0300 200 3319

Outside UK:
+44 135 535 9022

Opening times:

8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm Saturday
9am to 5pm Sunday

Closed bank holidays, Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

Find out about call charges


You can write to HMRC with enquiries about Income Tax if you’re self-employed.

Use the address on the most recent letter from them. If you don’t have an address for HMRC write to:

HM Revenue and Customs - Self Assessment
PO Box 4000
CF14 8HR
United Kingdom